Child Safety and Wellbeing Program
At Sacré Cœur, we hold the care, safety and wellbeing of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility of our School. All students enrolled at Sacré Cœur have the right to feel safe and to be safe. The safety and wellbeing of children and young people in our care will always be our first priority and we do not and will not tolerate child abuse. We aim to create a child-safe and child-friendly environment where children and young people are free to enjoy life to the full without any concern for their safety. There is particular attention paid to the most vulnerable children. Please refer to the School’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Program which is detailed in the below policies and procedures as to how the School demonstrates and implements the Child Safety and Wellbeing Program at the School.
Child Safety Officer
The School’s Child Safety Officer leads the School’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Program by providing support, advice, training, monitoring, communicating and implementing of the Child Safe Standards (Ministerial Order No. 1359). The Child Safety Officer works in conjunction with the School Principal, the Leadership Team, the Board and the School’s Child Safeguarding Committee to embed a culture of child safety at the School.
Sacré Cœur promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Child Safety Policies
- Child Safety Code of Conduct (2022)
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy (2022)
- Engaging Families in Child Safety Policy (2022)
- Reportable Conduct Policy (2022)
- PROTECT Identifying and Responding to Abuse Reporting Obligations Policy (2022)
- CECV Statement of Commitment to Child Safety (2022)
- Child Safeguarding Commitment Statement (2021)
- Student Child Safety Policy - Junior School
- Student Child Safety Policy - Senior School